Now open to our members: nomination process for places on the Learning for Sustainability Scotland Steering Group
Deadline: 5pm 27 November 2022
Would you like to play a part in shaping the work of Learning for Sustainability Scotland by joining our Steering Group?
As a member of Learning for Sustainability Scotland, you will probably know that our Steering Group term runs for two years. As a result, there are now members of the Steering Group whose terms are almost at an end and we are now seeking nominations for Steering Group members for the 2023-2025 term.
Voting for your new representatives will take place before our AGM on Wednesday 11 January 2023.
If you would like to be part of the Steering Group, or would like to nominate someone to represent you, then please complete the nomination application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 27 November 2022.
What is the Steering Group for?
The Steering Group consists of eight elected members and a representative from each Task Group. This valued Group represents Learning for Sustainability Scotland’s members; providing strategic advice and direction to support Learning for Sustainability Scotland’s work, including:
- Contributing to the development of the Strategic Plan and Annual Work Plans and reviewing progress
- Encouraging and supporting the development of Task Groups
- Helping to strengthen and extend the membership and profile of LfS Scotland
- Providing advice to secure LfS Scotland’s organisational and financial sustainability.
What will being a Steering Group member involve?
Members are elected at the AGM for a two-year term. If you would like to get involved, you’ll be in a group of up to 15 people with an interest in Learning for Sustainability. You’ll be required to:
- Attend at least four half-day meetings a year; online or in Edinburgh
- Help to develop LfS Scotland by contributing to specific tasks between meetings
How can I join the Steering Group?
1. Find two LfS Scotland members to propose and second your nomination. Please contact Betsy King if you need help with this.
2. Complete the application form and email it to Betsy King, LfS Scotland Development Manager to arrive by 5pm 27 November 2022.
3. Details of all those nominated will be distributed to members and voting will take place online before the AGM on Wednesday 11 January 2023.
If you would like an informal chat about joining the Steering Group…
Please email Betsy King or call on 07791735511 to discuss any questions you might have.