Exploring Learning for Sustainability and the Professional Standards: our partnership with the General Teaching Council for Scotland
Making a professional commitment to learning and learners that is compatible with the aspiration of achieving a sustainable and equitable world embodies what it is to be a teacher in Scotland.
Learning for Sustainability Scotland and the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTC Scotland) have worked together for many years to support practitioners to weave an LfS ethos across their practice and the wider life of their settings. In doing so, they are creating coherent, rewarding and transformative learning experiences that enable learners, educators, schools and their wider communities to play their part in building a socially-just, sustainable and equitable society.
A key element of this work is the GTC Scotland Learning for Sustainability Hub: a ‘one-stop-shop’ that supports teachers to:
- Explore: What does Learning for Sustainability mean for me?
- Engage: Where am I on my Learning for Sustainability journey?
- Enact & Embed: Making Learning for Sustainability part of my teaching
- Connect: Join the sustainability conversation.
These four sections offer resources, free self-led professional learning, insights from other practitioners and a self-evaluation tool.
The ‘Connect’ section also offers:
- Monthly online opportunities to connect with other practitioners and hear from others on a range of topics. Click on each to find out more and book your free place:
- Thu 23 March: Learning for Sustainability and the National Improvement Framework: what this means for practitioners and school improvement planning
- Thu 27 April: Learning for Sustainability and the interim outcomes of the National Discussion
- Thu 25 May: Exploring the revised National Learning for Sustainability Action Plan
2. An open access platform for
- Sharing and celebrating your Learning for Sustainability journey
- Being inspired by stories from others
We warmly welcome any feedback you may have about the Hub and any suggestions you might have for improving its content. You can get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Looking forward to hearing from you!