Seeking Nominations for the Learning for Sustainability Scotland Steering Group
Seeking nominations for the Learning for Sustainability Scotland Steering Group
Deadline: Friday 15 December 2018 at 5pm
Membership of our Steering Group is for a two year term and voting for new representation on the Steering Group will take place at this year’s AGM on 18 January 2018. If you would like to be part of the Steering Group, or would like to nominate someone to represent you then please note that the deadline for doing so is Friday 15 December at 5pm.
The Steering Group will consist of eight elected members and a representative from each Task Group.
The Group represents Learning for Sustainability Scotland’s members, providing strategic advice and direction to support Learning for Sustainability Scotland’s work, including:
- Contributing to the development of the Strategic Plan and Annual Work Plans and reviewing progress
- Encouraging and supporting the development of Task Groups
- Helping to strengthen and extend the membership and profile of LfS Scotland
- Providing advice to secure LfS Scotland’s organisational and financial sustainability
What will being a Steering Group member involve?
Members are elected by ballot at the AGM for a two year term. If you would like to get involved you’ll be in a group of up to 15 people with an interest in learning for sustainability. You’ll be required to:
- Attend at least four half-day meetings a year in Edinburgh
- Help to develop LfS Scotland by contributing to specific tasks between meetings
How can I join the Steering Group?
- Find LfS Scotland members to propose and second your nomination.
- Complete the application form and email it to the LfS Scotland Development Officer to arrive by 15 December 2017. Please note any nominations received after this date & time will not be accepted for this year’s applications.
- Details of all those nominated will be distributed to members and voting will take place at the AGM on Thursday 18th January 2018, or by online voting. Don’t forget to book your place at the AGM, it’s free and jam packed with practical workshops and opportunities to network with others over a relaxed lunch. Book your free place today by completing the booking form HERE.
If you would like an informal chat about joining the Steering Group
Please call Betsy King on 0131 651 6434 or email email@example.com or Abi Cornwall on 0131 650 9731 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any questions you might have.
We look forward to hearing from you.