Join the LfS Scotland Steering Group
Be part of Scotland’s largest network of learning for sustainability practitioners and help shape the future work and developments by joining the LfS Scotland Steering Group.
Learning for Sustainability Scotland, Scotland’s UN recognised Regional Centre of Expertise on Education for Sustainable Development, is looking for eight members for our Steering Group to be elected at the Annual General Meeting on 8th December 2015 in Charteris Land, Moray House School of Education, University of Edinburgh.
What is the Steering Group for?
The Steering Group will consist of eight elected members and a representative from each Task Group. The Group represents Learning for Sustainability Scotland’s members, providing strategic advice and direction to support Learning for Sustainability Scotland’s work, including:
- Contributing to the development of the Strategic Plan and Annual Work Plans and reviewing progress
- Encouraging and supporting the development of Task Groups
- Helping to strengthen and extend the membership and profile of LfS Scotland
- Providing advice to secure LfS Scotland’s organisational and financial sustainability
What will being a Steering Group member involve?
Members are elected by ballot at the AGM for a two year term. If you would like to get involved you’ll be in a group of up to 15 people with an interest in learning for sustainability. You’ll be required to:
- Attend at least four half-day meetings a year in Edinburgh
- Help to develop LfS Scotland by contributing to specific tasks between meetings
How can I join the Steering Group?
- Find LfS Scotland members to propose and second your nomination.
- Download and complete the application form and return it to arrive by Tuesday 24th November 2015 at 5pm
- Details of all those nominated will be distributed to members and voting will take place at the AGM on Tuesday 8th December 2015