- This event has passed.
An introduction to Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning
17th September 2019, 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Event cost: Free
Book your place on this free webinar to hear more, ask questions and begin your own Connecting Classrooms journey!
Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning is an exciting new programme that supports teachers and pupils to collaborate with each other locally and globally.
It supports teachers and pupils to enhance the confidence, skills, knowledge, values and attitudes they need to thrive in an increasingly interconnected world – and create positive change as part of a whole-setting approach to Learning for Sustainability.
There are a host of learning opportunities and support on offer through the Connecting Classrooms programme. Whether you are part of a cluster of schools, an individual school – or interested in personal development opportunities – you can tailor your journey to suit your needs and priorities; thanks to the programme’s flexible range of elements.
What does the programme offer?
Co-funded by the British Council and the Department for International Development (DfID), the programme offers:
- Fully-funded professional learning: delivered in a way that suits you and your setting
- Free support from local experts across Scotland
- Free classroom resources to support pupil projects themed around the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Generous funding to facilitate international visits by staff to partner schools in other countries, events and training: – up to £3,000 for ‘one-to-one’ partnerships and £35,000 for ‘cluster’ partnerships.
- Automatic recognition leading to accreditation through the British Council International School Award.
Click here to find out more about the programme.