Fully-funded professional learning
Whether you’re looking for individual or whole-school professional learning opportunities, the Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning programme is here to help. Our network of experienced local and national training partners offers a variety of fully-funded courses; delivered in a way that suits you and your college, school or early years setting.
Scroll through the info below to find out more about our courses and book your place.
Our webinar on Professional Learning also provides an in-depth overview of our courses; as well as input from teachers as to the impact it has had on their practice.
1. Making Connections through Learning for Sustainability with LfS Scotland
Aligned with Scotland’s education priorities and the UN Sustainable Development Goals, this award-winning, GTCS-accredited, professional learning programme supports you to develop the confidence to plan for, and implement, Learning for Sustainability in your practice: making connections at individual, setting and global levels, and inspiring your learners to collaborate on the issues that shape our world.
Delivered as a facilitated online course for individuals.
Click on the date below to find out more and sign up.
2. Learning for the Sustainable Development Goals with Scotland’s Development Education Centres
Looking for fun and exciting ideas to bring into the classroom for your learners around the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals?
Learning for the SDGs is a free 3-part online course designed for GTCS registered teachers and early years practitioners in Scotland. It’s designed to support teachers in developing their confidence, knowledge, and skills to bring the 17 UN SDGs alive in the classroom and beyond.
Links to Curriculum for Excellence will be made explicit, as will the national and international contexts which support young people to critically engage in real-world issues.
Click on the links below to find out more and sign up. You can do one, or both of these courses:
3. Building Equitable and Sustainable International School Partnerships
This course supports teachers with an existing international school partnership to:
- use different global citizenship tools to measure the nature of their partnership and explore the impact of power, equity, strengths and challenges
- develop a shared vision for the future and to create an action plan to develop their partnership further.
Currently, this course is being delivered as a series of 3 x webinars.
Click on the link below to find out more and sign up.
4. Interactive digital learning with Lyfta: Teach the Sustainable Development Goals, Skills and Values
Immerse your learners in engaging, human story-based learning experiences with Lyfta. Use their interactive documentaries to bring the outside in, and enable learners to participate in unique cultural experiences. Take part in their free professional learning course to make sure you get the most out of what their platforms have to offer – and get 12 weeks of complimentary access to them on completion of the course. Find out more and book your place.
We offer a regular series of webinars on a variety of topics. These are available to all practitioners.
a. Upcoming webinars
Watch this space for more webinars from Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning!
b. Past webinars
- Find out more about our new Supported Partnerships offer and register your interest by 28th June 2021 for a September 2021 start..
- Join us and Education Scotland’s Digital Team to hear more about our exciting new online partnerships offer.
- Hear more about Getting started with Connecting Classrooms for Global Learning