Become a member
There is a growing movement in Scotland – practitioners, organisations and individuals all working to enhance our lives and the lives of future generations through learning for sustainability. Be part of the movement by becoming a member of Learning for Sustainability Scotland.
It’s free to join and with every free membership you’ll receive:
- Free monthly e-bulletin, full of news, events, courses and information on all things learning for sustainability throughout Scotland and beyond.
- Invitations to our Annual General Meeting – giving you the chance to shape the work of the network; nominate representatives for the steering group and discuss how we can enhance your work with your own needs and requirements.
- The chance to attend our numerous events, conferences, workshops, themed forum sessions, networking sessions and much more – always at very low cost to members (and often free);
- Opportunities to take part in (or start up) a task group – a chance to work on specific topics relating to your work or area of interest with other like minded individuals;
- Chance to promote your own events, workshops, courses, news, research, resources, photographs through our website and social media and the monthly bulletin;
- A warm glow, from knowing you are now officially part of a movement in Scotland – and the global RCE community – that works to harness the full potential of learning to create a sustainable world.
Our members span all local authority areas in Scotland and either work or are interested in learning for sustainability in formal & information education. Members span across early years, primary, secondary, higher and further education sectors, as well as community education, NGOs and business.
We have members from every aspect of learning in Scotland.
You can see our Members’ roles and responsibilities here.
Annual General Meetings
Our AGM is a great way to catch up with the network and meet new members. We’ve had members join together on lots of great projects as a direct result of meeting at our AGM.
We make sure that our AGM is not all about business – we provide challenging and inspiring speakers and always have at least one practical workshop, often two. Everybody gets a chance to find out about and contribute to future plans for LfS Scotland, and we always provide lots of time to network, to share best practice, discuss ideas and have a good chat over a tasty lunch and several cups of tea!