What is Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning?
Understanding – and taking action on – the big issues that shape our world has never been more important.
Issues like health and well-being, climate change, gender equality, equity and inclusion and how to live sustainably affect – and connect – us all; wherever we are in the world.
Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning supports educators and learners across the globe to collaborate locally and internationally on and learn about these big issues. It’s completely adaptable to your needs no matter what your role, the subjects you teach, or your whole-school priorities.
Get in touch to find out more about how we can support your learners to develop the confidence, skills, knowledge, values and attitudes they need to thrive in an increasingly interconnected world – and create positive, pupil-led change as part of an interdisciplinary, whole-setting approach to Learning for Sustainability.
What does it offer?
There are a host of learning opportunities and support on offer through the Connecting Classrooms programme. Whether you want to collaborate with other schools locally and internationally, or you’re looking for personal development opportunities, you can tailor your journey to suit your needs and priorities, thanks to the programme’s flexible range of elements.
Co-funded by the British Council and the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office, the programme offers:
- Help to find partner schools both here in Scotland and overseas.
- Free classroom resources to support pupil projects themed around Learning for Sustainability and the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Free support from local experts across Scotland to help practitioners, pupils and settings develop their projects, build & sustain local and international partnerships and apply for funding.
- Generous funding to facilitate collaborative activity – either online or in-person – between schools
- Fully-funded professional learning: delivered in a way that suits you and your setting
- Accreditation through the British Council’s International School Award.
Don’t just take our word for it!
Click on the links below to read and hear more about the programme from schools and teachers who’ve already taken part; as well as thoughts from other educators:
- Watch our webinar – find all you need to know about the programme and hear from other schools!
- Taking action together on the big issues that shape our world: Holyrood RC High School in Edinburgh’s local and global partnership
- Why global skills matter
- Why Glasgow is embracing international education.
- Kinlochbervie Primary School: 4,623 miles from Kenya
- Muthill Primary School: working together for smart and beautiful projects
- Williamston Primary and Penicuik High School: teachers talk about the impact that Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning has had on their practice.
- The impact of British Council school programmes in Scotland: research from the University of Glasgow