- This event has passed.
New facilitated online Professional Learning for educators
30th April 2020
New facilitated online Professional Learning for educators, starting 30th April 2020
Reserve your place here on Eventbrite
COVID-19 has had an unprecedented impact on everyday life across the globe. Understanding the big issues that shape our world has never been more important. Issues like climate change, gender equality and how to live sustainably affect – and connect – us all: wherever we are in the world.
Aligned with current education priorities and the UN Sustainable Development Goals, this fully onlne professional learning will support you to think about, plan for, and implement, Learning for Sustainability in your own practice and in your teaching context. You will make connections at individual, institutional and global levels, inspiring you and your students to develop the confidence, skills, knowledge, values and attitudes we all need to thrive and create positive change in our increasingly interconnected world.
Engagement in this fully funded course will:
- Support you to create an enabling environment for Learning for Sustainability in your teaching and setting, and significantly enhance young people’s educational experience
- Inform your own professional development
- Support whole-setting approaches to Learning for Sustainability
- Enhance your participation in the Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning programme, supporting whole setting and cluster approaches
- Give access to an international network of like-minded teachers
This programme has been created by the University of Edinburgh and Learning for Sustainability Scotland, for the British Council/ Department for International Development Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning programme.
Who can participate?
This course is fully funded for all 3-18 years teachers in schools, colleges and early learning and childcare centres in UK . You will be supported by skilled facilitators with a background in Learning for Sustainability and online learning and do not need any advanced technical expertise to take part.
What will be involved?
The course involves participation in online discussions and activities in five course modules. Modules will be released fortnightly, starting on 30 th April 2020. The themes and dates are outlined below:
What will be asked of you?
The course involves participation in online discussions and activities at a time that is convenient for you, day or night! We will ask you to develop some activities and ideas that you plan to carry out with your learners when you’re back in your ELC setting, school or College, and to share your previous experiences with others throughout the course. At this time we will probably be sharing ideas for current ways of working too. You will be asked to share an action plan at the end of the course.
Programme Learning Outcomes
While participating in this course you will:
- In the context of Learning for Equity and Sustainability and the UN Sustainable Development Goals, reflect on how to develop the skills and values required of teachers and learners to live in an interdependent world
- Critically consider practical approaches to learning and teaching for Learning for Equity and Sustainability
- Reflect on the impact of approaches to Learning for Equity and Sustainability at an individual, whole school and global level
- Develop confidence in your teacher leadership for Learning for Equity and Sustainability and engage in peer learning opportunities through an established practitioner network