LfS Scotland organises an ongoing programme of events and training course for members and non-members. You can always find details of these on this page. Members of LfS Scotland will get email updates about new events and courses as they are announced or follow us on Twitter to be kept up to date.
Thu05Nov20151:00 pmMoray House School of Education, University of Edinburgh
UN Sustainable Development Goals & Learning for Sustainability: implications and opportunities for Scotland's schools
You are warmly invited to participate in this fantastic seminar on Thursday 5th November 1-4pm in Moray House School of Education, The University of Edinburgh. This seminar is for third sector, local and national government with an interest in Learning for Sustainability in schools. This seminar will:
- EXPLORE the contribution of Education to the new UN Sustainable Development Goals,
- PROVIDE an update on progress with the recommendations for Scotland’s schools made in the Learning for Sustainability Report
- OFFER an opportunity to discuss how to contribute to this work in Scotland.
In September 2015 193 countries across the world agreed the UN’s new Sustainable Development Goals. They set a challenge for every country to tackle poverty, inequality, climate change and sustainable development with Education, and learning as a central component. In Scotland, Scottish Government ministers accepted in 2013 that all learners in Scotland’s schools should have an entitlement to Learning for Sustainability supported by practitioners, a whole school approach, school buildings, grounds and policies. Learning for sustainability incorporates global citizenship, sustainable development education, outdoor learning and children’s rights. Contributors include:
- Professor Charles Hopkins, UNESCO Chair of Education for Sustainable Development,
- Professor Pete Higgins, Chair of The Scottish Government’s LfS Implementation Group
- Ian Menzies, Education Scotland.
This is a FREE event, which we anticipate reaching capacity. Bookings have not yet been launched and we strongly advise that you register your details on the waiting list so that we can send you a registration form when bookings do go live. You can do so by clicking on the button below.This event is organised by Learning for Sustainability Scotland with support from The Scottish Government.Click here to book your place .