- This event has passed.
Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning: co-ordinating your cluster
18th September 2019, 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Event cost: Free
Want to collaborate with like-minded educators locally and globally? Hear more about the support offered by Connecting Classrooms.
Click here to book your place on this FREE webinar.
Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning is an exciting new programme that supports teachers and pupils to collaborate with each other locally and globally.
It supports teachers and pupils to enhance the confidence, skills, knowledge, values and attitudes they need to thrive in an increasingly interconnected world – and create positive change as part of a whole-setting approach to Learning for Sustainability.
There are a host of learning opportunities and support on offer through the Connecting Classrooms programme; particularly for schools that want to work together as a ‘cluster’ to share ideas and take action on the big issues that shape our world.
This session focuses on the cluster partnership approach. Join us to hear more about:
- What we mean by a Connecting Classrooms ‘cluster’
- The role of the Cluster Co-ordinator
- How to find partner schools: locally and globally
- The support, professional learning and funding available to you
- One school’s Connecting Classrooms journey so far.
Join us to hear more, ask questions and begin your own Connecting Classrooms journey!
Co-funded by the British Council and the Department for International Development (DfID), the Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning programme offers:
- Fully-funded professional learning: delivered in a way that suits you and your setting
- Free support from local experts across Scotland
- Free classroom resources to support pupil projects themed around the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Generous funding to facilitate international visits by staff to partner schools in other countries, events and training: – up to £3,000 for ‘one-to-one’ partnerships and £35,000 for ‘cluster’ partnerships.
- Automatic recognition leading to accreditation through the British Council International School Award.
Click here to find out more about the programme.