LfS Scotland organises an ongoing programme of events and training course for members and non-members. You can always find details of these on this page. Members of LfS Scotland will get email updates about new events and courses as they are announced or follow us on Twitter to be kept up to date.
Tue12Apr2016From 10am1:37 Paterson's Land, Moray House School of Education, University of Edinburgh
Getting Started with Fundraising
Getting started with Fundraising is a two-workshop session, designed to take you through the basics of fundraising. The morning session is a great place to start if you are new to the art of fundraising or if you haven't had official fundraising training in your role. We will:
- Assess the fundraising landscape
- Get the basics in place to start the fundraising process
- Look at ways to involve the whole organisation
- Create an effective case for support
- Look at how fundraising works & the reasons behind giving
- Discuss what makes a good project for a funder / supporter
Our afternoon session takes place after lunch (provided). This session is designed to take what you've learned in the morning session and apply it to your own specific needs. We will:
- Discuss effective strategies and what they can do for your organisation
- Consider external factors
- Look at creating a template to get you started
- Look at ways to research funding
You can book into either the morning or the afternoon session at a cost of £60 (refreshments included) or you can book the full day session for a reduced rate of £100.
Spaces on each workshop are very limited. To find out more about the workshops & to book your place click HERE.