Fully-funded Professional Learning Opportunities
Whether you’re looking for individual or whole-school professional learning opportunities, the Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning programme is here to help.
Our network of experienced local and national training partners offers a variety of fully-funded courses; delivered in a way that suits you and your school or early years setting.
Scroll through the info below to find out more about our courses and book your place.
Not sure which course is best for you? Get in touch with us to discuss your needs.
1. Making Connections Through Learning for Sustainability
Aligned with Scotland’s education priorities and the UN Sustainable Development Goals, this award-winning, GTCS-accredited, professional learning programme supports you to develop the confidence to plan for, and implement, Learning for Sustainability in your practice: making connections at individual, school and global levels, and inspiring your learners to collaborate on the issues that shape our world.
Delivered as a facilitated online course for individuals, or a whole-school blend of face-to-face and online learning.
- Individuals: Select from the following start dates. Click on your preferred date to book your place:
- Contact us to arrange a whole-school programme.
2. Learning for the Sustainable Development Goals
Learning for the Sustainable Development Goals is designed for GTCS registered teachers and early years practitioners in Scotland.
Combining a mix of face-to-face meetups with online sharing and discussion, Learning for the Sustainable Development Goals supports teachers in developing their confidence, knowledge, and skills to bring the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) alive in the classroom and beyond. Links to Curriculum for Excellence will be made explicit, as will the national and international contexts which support young people to critically engage in real-world issues.
Blended learning: delivered over 2 x face-to-face sessions and 1 x webinar, or as a whole-school opportunity.
- Starting 29 August: Glasgow, Argyll & Bute, Ayrshires, Dumfries & Galloway, Dunbartonshires, Inverclyde, Lanarkshires, Renfrewshires – find out more and book your place.
- Starting 11 September: Edinburgh, Lothians & Borders – find out more and book your place.
- Starting 30 September: Highland, Eilean Siar – find out more and book your place.
- Starting 02 October: Stirling & Forth Valley – find out more and book your place.
3. Equitable Overseas School Partnerships
This course supports teachers with an existing international school partnership to:
- use different global citizenship tools to measure the nature of their partnership and explore the impact of power, equity, strengths and challenges
- develop a shared vision for the future and to create an action plan to develop their partnership further.
Blended learning: delivered over 2 x face-to-face sessions and 1 x webinar.
- Starting 29th October: Glasgow, Argyll & Bute, Ayrshires, Dumfries & Galloway, Dunbartonshires, Inverclyde, Lanarkshires, Renfrewshires – find out more and book your place.