Making Connections through Learning for Sustainability
Aligned with Scotland’s education priorities and the UN Sustainable Development Goals, this course supports you to develop the confidence to plan for, and implement, Learning for Sustainability in your practice, making connections at individual, school and global levels, and inspiring students to collaborate on the issues that shape our world.
Nursery, primary, secondary and ASN teachers in Scotland
Level and time commitment
Teachers can participate in this professional learning to
Level 2 (6 hours over 6-weeks);
Level 3 (12 hours over 10-weeks; and
Level 4 (18 hours over 3-terms)
Mode of delivery
- Facilitated online learning
- Additional face to face half day INSET session are available to facilitate whole school or cluster engagement.
- Critically consider practical approaches to learning and teaching for Learning for Sustainability
- In the context of Learning for Sustainability, reflect on how to develop the skills and dispositions required of teachers and learners to live in an interdependent world
- Apply in practice and reflect on the impact of approaches to Learning for Sustainability at an individual, whole school and global level
- Develop confidence in your teacher leadership for Learning for Sustainability and engage in peer learning opportunities.
Why take it?
- This course directly corresponds to the Curriculum for Excellence and will inspire and significantly enhance the educational experience of learners.
- Engagement will inform your Professional Review and Development (PRD) and Professional Update for GTCS registration. Participants continuing to level 4 may apply for Professional Recognition from the GTCS.
- Making connections within your school or cluster, both locally and globally, will support your whole school and community approach to Learning for Sustainability.
For more information please contact Betsy King, Learning for Sustainability Scotland Development Manager.