LfSS Fundraising Workshops announced – 21 May 2015
We are hosting two member events on 21 May 2015 which look at developing funding strategies. Feedback from our AGM showed that fundraising is becoming a bigger part of LfS Scotland members’ day-to-day working lives. We found that many of us have limited or no experience of the fundraising process; or of how to tailor our language so we speak effectively to funders; or even how to be confident and ask for the money we need to move our projects forward.
As a result, we’ve developed two fundraising workshops on Thursday 21 May 2015 at Moray House School of Education, Edinburgh.
Workshop 1: The morning session – Getting The Basics Right is aimed at staff, volunteers and Board members who are new to or starting to fundraise and wish to build their knowledge, skills and confidence
The objectives are:
- To understand the things that need to be in place before you start to fundraise
- To gain an overview of the current funding landscape in Scotland
- To look at the elements of a effective case for support – the basis for all successful fundraising
Click HERE for more information on this workshop.
Workshop 2: The afternoon session – Approaching Funders Effectively – is aimed at staff, volunteers and Board members who are seeking support for their organisation and wish to explore a range of sources – It is useful to have attended Getting the Basics Right, but not essential
The objectives are:
- To review the range of sources of support available – who has the money, how much do they have, who gets it and how much does it cost to raise?
- To identify what part of the organisational work should be matched with what funding source
- To look at a variety of approaches and formats for a range of funders
- To discuss sustainability and full cost recovery
Click HERE for more information on this workshop
How to book:
All workshops can be booked by clicking HERE. Each workshop can be booked as single sessions at a half-day rate of £60 or both can be booked as a full-day event for £100.
This event is for members of LfS Scotland. Sessions are fully participatory and provide practical skills to take back into the work place. Spaces are limited to please book your place to avoid disappointment.
A light lunch & refreshments will be provided and a detailed agenda will be supplied nearer the time, although the morning session is likely to start at 10am and the afternoon session likely to end around 4.30pm.
If you have any questions about the workshops or anything else in connection with LfS Scotland please Abi Cornwall, Development Officer